Resources for the Student Filmmaker
Where do I go to sceen? How about HD? What sort of resources are available
for me, as the student filmmaker?
This is the start of listing those resources. Let me know of additional
If any of these links are broken, please let me know so I can correct them.
Digital Video Sites
- Big Time Picture
- Friendly westside editing facilities. I've cut there several times and
find their support and personnel very friendly.
- Pivotal Post
- Avid Rental, digital Previews
General Editing Sites
Interviews and Information Links
- This lab gives us great discounts. To take advantage of them you should
put in your order through the Post-Production facitilies here on campus --
Betty or Donna.
- Independent Feature Project
- Tons of resources -- lists of labs, lists of personnel, and lists helpful
types . Training events, guest speakers, a library of articles. They have
a web page of job listings, available without registration. Most of all,
a great networking organization.
Time Picture Company
- Small (16 seats, though folding chairs can be brought in) and comfortable
screening room with a large couch. 35mm, 16mm, BetaSP.
- Wilshire Screening
- 43 Seats, Reception area. offers "Student, short-film and Independent
Premiers" Dolby Digial w/EX, HD, 1080i, Digibeta, DVHA etc.
- Studio Film and Tape
- Tape stock at very reasonable prices.
- Santa Monica
- Will dub and copy videos from practically any format to practically any
other video format. They've also got a nice glossary
of video terms.
Though I've tried to accomodate other browsers
THIS SITE IS DESIGNED FOR BEST USE WITH IE for the PC,
SAFARI for the Mac, and FIREFOX for both the PC and the Mac. It also looks
reasonably good on the iPhone. Lucked out on that!
All material, except where noted, ©1999-2013
by Norman Hollyn. Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Send me an e-mail
at my office
Last Modified -
October 15, 2013